I am participating in a "Secret Pal" Swap from now through February. As part of the swap, there will be regular fiber-related posts on my blog, so for those of my friends/family/followers who are new to this part of my life, now you know what it's about.
The questions below are to help my secret pal learn a little more about me. Since I crochet and don't knit, just substitute "crochet" for "knit" below:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like Merino wool, silk blends, things like Cascade Venezia. I've never tried alpaca, yak, etc. although I'm not adverse to trying them. I'd also love to try bamboo and recycled silk, although I've heard that the latter gets pretty smelly when it gets wet, so maybe not.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I am anxiously awaiting the new Namaste Cali Mini Cozy in Lime or Saddle - none of my local stores have it. Right now, I keep my hooks in a little drawstring bag that I made.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been crocheting for about a year. I would consider myself somewhere between beginner and intermediate. I learned by taking lessons at my LYS. I tried knitting too, but I am not very good at it, so I decided to stick to crochet :)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, but it's needs to be updated. It's not ready to be seen...
5. What's your favorite scent?
Lemon Verbena, Lavendar, Eucalyptus, Vanilla, Sandalwood, things that smell like cookies and cake :)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, but I am trying to cut down on them. Dark chocolate is one of my favorites.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I cross-stitch and sew. I would really like to learn card-making/stamping.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
A little bit of everything. In no particular order: New Age/Native American, Classical, Country, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Jazz, Piano. NOT metal, classic rock or "angry youth" music (you know, when they are just yelling into the microphone.) Yes, I can play mp3 CDs.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Browns, Purples, Earthy colors. Dark pinks, not light. Nothing super bright or florescent. Pastels when paired with brown or grey.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with no kids and no pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I'll wear scarves as long as they aren't itchy. Sometimes hats and mittens. Never had a poncho before, so I'm not sure if I'd wear one or not.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I've been on a scarf kick recently. One down, one in the works, and two in the queue :)
13. What are you knitting right now?
See Question 12.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like the Susan Bates Silvalume and Quicksilver hooks. Bamboo is ok, don't like plastic. Never tried the glass or polished wood ones.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I have a yarn winder and am ordering a swift this weekend :)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 6 months, maybe longer
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I celebrate the Winter Solstice/Yule in the winter; I also celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday. My favorite holidays are probably the Summer Solstice/Midsummer, Halloween/Samhain, and Winter Solstice/Yule.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Fabric and yarn :) I have a lot of books and DVDs, but I'm not really sure that falls under "collection" - I guess that means no.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not that I can think of. If I find anything, I'll post the info.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to get better at crochet in the round. Maybe try to crochet a pair of socks.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nope. I have heard that crocheted socks aren't very comfortable. I may try to make a pair anyway.
I wear a size 8.5 or 9 shoe, wide. If you need actual inches, or more information, let me know.
23. When is your birthday?
Nov. 2
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
pinkgeek
Edited to: fix formatting/spacing
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Actually, come to think of it, I like the charcoal and pink Mini Cozi bags, too. Maybe more than Saddle, but just as much as the Lime.
ReplyDelete